On-page SEO techniques are considered one of the most important processes you can follow for achieving higher rankings in a search engine’s organic results. Doing that can increase the traffic to your website. It refers to the optimization of website structure and content – anything that is done on the page of a website. They categorized as basic and advanced practices. In this post, we will discuss both the basic and advanced practices in on-page optimization.
Important On-Page SEO Techniques
The title is the important portion of the snippet which is shown in the search results of the search engine. There are some important points to notice when we optimize the title. It is the most important On-Page SEO Technique.
- Write a short and descriptive title.
- The title should not contain full capital letters in whole characters
- Its character limit is 55 to 60 and the pixel width limit is 512
- Title must be unique
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are not allowed.
If no title is given, h1 will be taken as the title.
#Meta Description Optimization
It is the descriptive portion shown in the snippet. And, Description helps both the user and google bots to get an idea of the content inside the webpage.
- It must contain the focusing keyword in the beginning.
- It must be unique.
- Its character limit is 155 to 160 for pages and within 155 for posts because it contains the date of publishing already and that space is minimized.
- Its pixel width limitation is 1024.
- Use the keyword in the h1.
- 8 or 9 words are accepted for h1.
- There should be only one h1.
It is preferred to provide one h2 If the content divides, two h2 can be used. The h2 must be related to the content written below that.
Content optimization is done to improve the quality of the content. If our content does not have the quality that search engine demands, it cannot help in the ranking of your website. Making the audience attracted to the content is also important to get leads to our website.
- It must be unique and good content.
- Sentences should be simple and that is understandable by the common audience.
- Use focusing keyword and its phrases in an acceptable way in the content.
- Arrange the focusing keyword before a comma or full stop.
- Use bold, underline and italics to make it attractive to the user.
#Anchor tag Optimization
The anchor tag is used to provide links from our page to another page on our website or to some other website. Anchor text is the visible portion highlighted in blue color where we click to go to the redirected link. It is an important tag because it boosts up the crawling process. One thing to notice is that never give a link to a competitive one. It will be like feeding the enemy.
SEO Keywords are those words in your content that drive the user into your website when they search with that in the search engine. So selecting those keywords is an important task in on-page SEO. We must analyze the keywords and choose the best and relevant keywords among them having a higher search volume than others.
- Use the keyphrases in the content.
- Do not stuff the keywords.
- Use the Keyword in slug and title.
NB: While conducting keyword optimization your website or in a web page, try to avoid using duplication title, same keyword for different pages or posts of a single domain, to avoid issues like Keyword cannibalization, which is clearly explained by Matt Diggity.
Images are much important thing on the webpage. More than the information given by bulk contents, images can reach out and attract the audience.
- Choose the best images that match your content.
- Upload the images after giving a proper file name and without space between the words.
- Giving alternative text to the image will help web crawlers to understand your image.
All the above practices are the major On-Page SEO Techniques.
Apart from this, we can also perform Advanced tactics that can enhance the ranking and the attractiveness of your website.
Advanced SEO Practices
#Open Graph(OG) Optimization
Every click on the post that you shared on social media is valuable. It is important to attract and get maximum clicks from social media. In OG Optimization, we can customize the way in which the post that we shared in social media appears. By adding images, and giving a proper title and description for the post that you share, our posts can be taken into another level which can generate a call to action to the viewers.
For WordPress sites, the OG Code is autogenerated in it for the posts that you publish. The above code is the code for OG. On other sites, this code can be copied and paste in its head section. Give the relevant title, description and choose the image and customize those as you desire.
It is used to make the appearance of your snippet and that area in the search results more attractive with additional features. They provide webmasters with a wide range of possibilities to enhance search appearance. By adding pieces of information like star rating, image, event and so on, it gives a specific idea to the search engines about our service and boosts ranking. Schema is the preferred markup method for search engines like google and Bing.
For doing schema markup, you can make use of tools available online to work on the structured data.
There are other tactics like AMP Optimization, off-page optimization, Social Media Marketing to improve the ranking of your website.
If you give good attention to the on-page practices that you can do on your website, you can achieve good results in ranking on google search results.
Here are some Important Tips to Boost your SEO ranking Click…………… HERE