When it comes to website designing, today, professional website designers keep two crucial things in mind. The first thing is the visual appeal. The website should look visually attractive; otherwise, it would not draw enough visitors. The second most important thing is to follow Google guidelines when developing or designing the website. If guidelines are not followed, the website will not get any SEO benefits. So, it is absolutely important to understand the various aspects and benefits of website design for SEO. These two things have direct connections. They are dependent on each other.
So, you need to plan your website designing in such a way that your search engine optimization campaign remains effortless and result oriented. A connection between website design and SEO is always there. A visually appealing website is important, but there is no meaning of having a website that does not draw enough traffic. So, along with visual appeal, website developers have to keep the SEO aspect in mind.
Responsive Website Design and SEO
There is a connection between website design and SEO. Presently, the websites that adopt responsive design are regarded as compatible for search engine optimization. It is basically a website designing trend that has been adopted by many website owners in today’s time. Responsive website design has a lot of benefits in offering. Those benefits are listed in the following section of this article.
• A large number of website visitors come from handheld devices or mobile phones. Hence, a responsive website design will draw more visitors to the website.
• For the eCommerce stores, 7 out of 10 buyers are from Smartphone devices. Thus, the responsive website design will prove to be useful in this aspect well. It will make the website friendlier for Smartphone users, and that will increase the number of buyers on the website.
• The third aspect is the SEO friendliness. Google and other major search engines have started giving value to Smartphone users. Thus, search engines want the websites to become responsive so that better satisfactory result from web visitors can be achieved.
Changes to Responsive Web Design
So, in order to obtain SEO benefits, you have created a responsive website for your online business. However, despite having a responsive website, you are not getting a good amount of visitors. Your website’s SEO performance is not really satisfactory. If these things are bothering you, there are a few things that you need to follow. Basically, your responsive website needs a little bit of tuning. That means the website needs to be refurbished properly. A few small but significant changes to the responsive website can bring immense business success. In the following section, the changes regarding responsive website design will be discussed.
1. Optimize the Images
Though you have a responsive website, your website may work slowly for the desktop or Smartphone users. There could be many reasons for the slow loading performance of a website. Primarily, it is found that high-resolution images make a website to work extremely slowly. So, you need to get rid of the high-resolution images at first. You should use images that come with a resolution, which is friendly for the web. Too low resolution would not be a good thing, as that will harm overall image quality. If images are not crisp, they would not be visually appealing. So, you also need to keep this important aspect in mind.
Once images have been optimized, you need to go to the next stage. The next stage is to check the loading speed or performance of the website after changing the resolution of the images. If you find that loading speed is satisfactory, you do not need any further actions. The loading speed can be improved by hosting the website on a dedicated server. Using a dedicated server is always a good thing, as it will ensure safety for your website data. Nevertheless, your website will also become flawless in terms of loading speed. A shared server is generally slow, as the server is shared by multiple users.
2. Slimming down Your Website
Now, you need to trim down or slim down your website as much as it is possible. Slimming down the website has a lot of benefits to offer. Among those benefits, better SEO performance is the most notable thing. Performance of your search engine optimization campaign will get better with certain measures that you choose to adopt. These measures are discussed below.
• Resize Your Images: Large images are not required. You need to resize the images on the website carefully. The images that are abruptly large in size should be resized. The images should give proper visibility.
• Check the Graphics: Graphics of your website has an impact on the user experience. The interface should be simplistic. For responsive website design, minimized graphic design is highly suitable and recommended. With two of them, you get a perfect pair. Graphics should be improved with a few crucial things. The most important thing is the use of proper styles. Make sure that every website page features the same style. It makes website seamless in loading. Also, it enhances the SEO performance of the website.
Making these changes to your responsive website will help you immensely. It will give your website more SEO friendly aspect. Overall performance of your search engine optimization campaign will become seamless or effortless. Google prefers websites that are responsive. It further loves the website, which is well-organized, easy to load, and minimum in graphics. You can get in touch with New York web design agency for obtaining the best possible web services.