Instagram, the photo-sharing app is one of the fastest growing social media networks that has launched their stories feature in August 2016. The stories feature allows users to post photos, videos or even text that appears for 24 hours after posting. Instagram stories are interesting and fun and you can make them creative and interactive as you want. It provides followers reasons to engage with you and come back for more. Stories create greater brand awareness, engagement, and conversions. Most powerful brands today use Instagram stories to promote themselves and to builds audience. Have a look at the tips to do better on Instagram.
Instagram stories ideas
- Hold on Story Highlights
To make your stories available to viewers even after 24 hour periods, use “Add to highlights” feature and the stories will be accessible on your account in the highlights section. Instagram highlights allow the brands to curate stories so that the audiences can watch them at their convenience and makes your content evergreen. Highlights on Instagram is a way to attract your audience. You can showcase interviews of experts, photos of customers, use cases of your products.
- Use polls, Quizzes or Share Trivia
Poll feature in Instagram stories helps you engage your audience better. It helps to know better about their likes, preferences. This option helps you to craft content that resonates with an audience. When you ask about their opinions, you get great data and they will feel more valued and get connected to the brand.
- Support influencers
One of the great ways to promote your brand and products is by influencer marketing. Leverage your Instagram stories in you influencer campaigns. This can help you gain audiences and increases conversions by allowing consumers to discover the products.
How to support stories for influencer marketing?
- Share product videos or images with influencers and ask them to use them in their stories.
- Ask influencers to create the story that features the brand.
Consider working with micro-influencers if you are on a lower budget. They will help you to generate better ROI from influencer campaigns because working with micro-influencers is cost-effective and the management rates are higher than prominent influencers. Also, you need to work with more of them to reach more people. Influencers need to tag your brand in their stories. Ask them to insert a link to the website or to use the branded hashtag in their stories.
For the success of the campaigns, you need to find relevant influencers in your niche. Make sure that they are expert in their field and have a good number of followers, engagement rate. Check their posted content to make sure their style and messaging align with your brand.
- Strength user-generated content
To build your audience and get more engagement on the stories to build user-generated content. Encourage followers to feature your products in their stories and to tag your brans in them. Also, offer some sort of incentives so that people are motivated to share their experiences using the products. Offer freebies or even chance to get featured on the Instagram page. User-generated contents promote the products without being pushy and help to build the credibility and to win the trust of your audience. Great user-generated content helps you to get connected with customers and is a great way to spread the word about the brand.
- Focus on spreading Personal Stories: People remains curious and likes to know how the things work. To tap into that curiosity, share stories about the brand or products, customer experiences or even employees. Personalize experience of viewers with behind-the-scene Stories that help you to humanize the brand and connect with audiences at the deeper level. Brand shares to make the audience feel special and more connected with the brand.
- Use videos along with the stories: Use of stories is increasing at a greater pace. Instagram provides a way to share videos that are recorded as well as live videos in stories. Live videos are a way to stand out from the crowd to get more visibility. Videos can showcase the products beautifully during promoting the product launches. Videos in stories are effective at boosting brand awareness while launching the new product. Create videos that are compelling and unique.
- Include Hashtags to your stories: Hashtags are a way to help the content get discovered by a wider audience. For creating good Instagram stories there is a need to time as well as effort. Hashtags ensure that they get the views they deserve. Users add customized hashtags to stories and this helps to expand the reach of the post, connects with the larger community.
- Story promotion In Instagram: Instagram allows users to run stories ads and they will show up in between stories from people they follow. It can be a single image or a video of a maximum of 15 seconds. An ad enables a brand to hold users attention. Promote Instagram stories to get discovered by audiences and to boost brand awareness.
Thus Instagram is a great platform to flourish the business. If you are not using it properly then you are missing out on a lot. Stories help brands to reach among more people and to increase engagement on Instagram and helps you to convert potential customers into actual ones. Have you made Instagram stories a part of marketing strategy, if not make it your part and experience the difference.