To get high rankings we need to get strong links pointing to our website. But the question still exists on how to build links to the site that can positively influence the rankings? Link building is not like on-page SEO that can follow a list and get the pages optimized. The main objective while getting the links is that it needs to make difference in the rankings and those links need to make the website stronger. Here let us see what is link building and how to identify good and bad links and the effective and good link building techniques that can be started to use to acquire the backlinks.
Why is link important for any Website?
Important signals that influence rankings is Link building and is also known as Off-page SEO. There is a close relationship between links and rankings. The recent study revealed that websites ranking in top positions have more backlinks from unique domains.
Therefore to rank high in the search results you need to get many links from a number of different domains.
Difference between good and bad links!
Bad links will lead your website into trouble and Google penalizes the website that tries to improve rankings by link building so we can reduce this use effective and good link building techniques.
Different Effective and Good link Building Techniques
Links from the following sources are considered to be a toxic link:
- Links from article directories are harmful since the article directory publish articles and it contains a lot of outgoing links.
- Website directory links are also harmful to our website. The only use of website directories is to list websites without any quality content.
- Paid links: If you had paid to add the link and once Google notices it then it will punish both websites.
- Link exchanges: Massive link exchanges with other websites is against the Google guidelines.
- Links from Web 2.0 websites: LInk packages that promises hundreds of links from web 2.0 properties are not healthy.
The good link is earned naturally when the website provides great content and when other websites want to let their users know it and then add a link pointing to your website. This is known as natural link building and is the best way to build the Google’s trust.This is the most important technique that used in effective and good link building techniques.
Difference between normal links and no follow links?
This effective and good link building techniques, By default, links are always followed links unless they have the nofollow attribute added to the link HTML code.
Google and other search engines are in a fight against the spammy links. For this reason, webmasters are given the opportunity to add external links without passing page rank value to other websites. This is accomplished by adding attribute “nofollow” to given link.
- When a user clicks it, they will visit the target website but it will not pass any page rank or link juice from the website to the other.
- Nofollow links do not help your Google rankings. We need links coming from highly trusted sites that do not carry nofollow tag.
Ways to build backlink to your website
1.Begin and maintain an active blog
In effective and good link building techniques it is important to have an optimized website that helps to get incoming links from highly trusted websites. Keep in mind that the blog needs to be part of the domain or as a subdomain. Blogs on different domains do not help. To get links from blogging you need to have great content.Other webmasters link to your blog if it provides value to the visitors. There is a way to pass the link juice from the blog pages to the concerned product pages. Having active blog posts is not only needed you to need to promote your blog posts to get the attention of other webmasters.
2. Get the link from Manufacturers site
There is numerous way to get links from the manufacturers’ site.Visit the concerned websites and look if there is a section with links to the retailers. If there does not exists one ask them to get featured on their website. If there is a blog, ask to contribute an article. Or else if they have a showcase section, submit the entry.
3. Guest Posting – Websites that accept Guest Posts
- Guests posting is one of the effective ways to get links from other websites. How does it work?
- Find websites that are looking for guest writers.
- Read the publishing guidelines of the concerned website
- Draft a post that includes links to the website.
How do you find them?
1. Open Google and search for:” write for us”,” guest post”, guest blogger, the blog for us, contributor etc.
2. Keep a look at the competitors.
Analyze the links of competitors. One of the most efficient way to get an idea of how to get links is to use SEMRUSh.
When not to guest post to a website?
Before posting the articles make sure that the websites you found are good for guest posting.
Check whether the websites have good rankings in Google.
Look if they have the good amount of traffic.
Also, make sure that they have original content of their own.
Check when they have last updated and for the kinds of posts published. Notice the pattern of guest posting. If you noticed that they only publish guest posting then they are not good. Then go to SEMRUSH and type their domain and click search. SEMRUSH will give the valuable data regarding the type of website traffic received.
4. Guest Posting – Asking for Links
Websites that don’t mention that they accept guest posts don’t mean that they don’t. First of all study the website, find the names of the editors and send them an email, explaining how your post will benefit them. Also, give them an opportunity to guest post on your website.
Always link to the blog posts and not product pages.
Advanced Ways Of Healthy Link Building
5. Link to other websites from your blog
While writing content for the blog, include the link to other websites or blogs.
6. Get Published on Media websites
There is a great benefit in getting publishes on media websites like Forbes, Huffpost, Inc, Entrepreneur and others than getting a backlink. Two ways exist to make this happen:
- Contact the journalists through the email.
- Get in contact with editors with the guest post idea.
7. Use HARO
It is a service that brings journalists and bloggers together. If you want the editors to pitch with your ideas use HARO and answer questions posted by journalists. Usually, journalists post questions about different topics and they want to get answers. But if you were able to answer the question and if your pitch is accepted then the journalist will publish the story with reference to your name and website.
8. Send products for review to influencers
It is best to add a link to the websites from the reviews. If we talk about the product, it is normal to let people know where they can buy it. Keep in mind that getting a few links in reviews will not raise any signals but getting 100’s of the link will create a problem.
9. Buy an established blog
This is not applicable for the small business owners but is a method that works. Flippa is the biggest marketplace to find blogs and websites for sale.
10. Link magnets
In Link magnet is a term used to describe the content that goes rival and attracts the links from other websites.
Trending Infographics: Infographics are the concepts used to present data in a different form than text or plain images.