If you’re looking for a free and manageable analytics service that allows you to analyze the details about your website as well as your visitor statistics, then why not give Google Analytics a shot? According to some Google Analytics agency experts, using this nifty tool can give you a complete overview of your site in one place.
Not only is it free to use, but Google Analytics is also one of the biggest and most popular types of digital analytics software out there right now. As a business owner, you’d be hard-pressed to find other software like this. Still not convinced? Below are some excellent reasons on why you should choose Google Analytics.
Perhaps the best thing about Google Analytics is that you can try it out for free, see how it works for you, and then continue to use it for as long as you want, and all for free too.
You don’t have to pay any monthly fees to keep using this service. As a business, resources may be tight, and that includes money. Since Google Analytics is 100% free, this means you can devote the money you might have used for an analytics platform into expanding your business.
So, say you feel like you’re not the most technologically advanced person out there but you don’t have someone to do this stuff for you. This is understandable and definitely not something to worry about because Google Analytics is a tool that’s easy to use, even for beginners.
Here’s a rundown on how easy it is to start:
● Go to Google Analytics and log in using your account
● Go to the left sidebar button of your dashboard and select the admin button
● Create an account
● Create a property from the drop-down menu
● Indicate your website’s URL
● Choose your niche or industry
● Select your country and time zone
● Generate and copy the tracking ID
● Paste the tracking ID on your website
That’s practically less than ten steps to start using Google Analytics. You don’t even need to worry about sending large files or uploading anything to get it working.
It Shows Customer Engagement
One of the best features of Google Analytics is their ability to track your user engagement in an in-depth manner. Simply put, Google Analytics allows you to see just how users interact with your website and content, and that includes their behavior from one page to another.
More importantly, they show you the three most important metrics when it comes to user engagement, such as the following:
1. Bounce rate – It is a percentage of how many users went to your website and didn’t do any interaction. For example, if a person goes to your homepage and then clicks on the About Us page, that’s considered a 0% bounce rate. But, if that person goes to your homepage, reads the content and then closes the window, that’s considered a 100% bounce rate.
2. Page per session – The more pages that a user goes to in a single session means that your audience is engaging your content.
3. Average duration per session – You’ll notice that a person with 100% bounce rate will also have a 0:00 duration because this is only measured when a user interacts with another element in your website.
You can also view the information mentioned above on a per page basis which will give you a better overview of just what kind of content people prefer and what drives them away from your website.
It Provides An Optimized Device Overview
Your website needs to be mobile friendly because let’s face it—a majority of people spend most of their time on their handheld devices as opposed to actual desktops or laptops. This is also the reason why it’s optimal for you to enable a mobile version of your website.
Google Analytics has this feature that allows you to monitor just what kind of devices people are using to get to your website. Additionally, it tells you what screen resolution you’re site is performing poorly in so you can optimize for that.
It Monitors Website Traffic
It’s not a surprise that website owners would want to know about their website traffic but why not do it through Google Analytics?
See, the thing is, the higher the traffic, the better you can generate conversions. Through Google Analytics, you’ll be able to monitor the statistics and information available to you accurately. Here are two of the most important metrics when talking about website traffic:
● Unique visitors – This is based on your visitors’ IP Address. If you have 1,000 visitors daily and half of them are unique, it’s safe to say that you had 500 unique page views for the day. This metric is important when you’re aiming for a broader audience to see your content.
● Returning visitors – This is the opposite of the previous point, but it’s also an important metric because a high percentage of returning visitors means that you are creating loyal audiences.
Not only that, but Google Analytics allows you to combine the different data that you’ve recorded to produce better results and give you a deeper insight into each of your visitor types.
It Offers Real-time Updates
You can access real-time statistics which are useful when you have new content up on your website or when you’re pushing for more conversions. Perhaps you just changed one part of your, website and you’re looking at how your audience will react to it. Through real-time updates, you’ll be able to see just how much traffic your website has generated as well as the reaction to the changes.
Google Analytics has really proven to help advance businesses in terms of the data they collect. Aside from the fact that it’s free and easy to use, it also provides you with information that’ll help you optimize your website through the use of hard data. What are you waiting for? Check out Google Analytics for yourself.