Search Engine Optimization Tutorial For Beginners
Search Engine Optimization Tutorial For Beginners is an article which will help you to learn about SEO. The initials steps to be done is, create a website name and domain name focusing on the business name that we are coming up with and it should be of small and less than 250 pages.
Originate unique, precise side headline
Denote side heading by utilizing heading tags. A heading tag narrates both users and search engines what the subject of a specific page is. The title tag must be positioned inside tag of the HTML document. Then generate a perfect headline for your pages.
Page heading contents are showed in the search results
If our paper shows up in the search result page, the contents of the headline will emerge on the first line of the result page. Some words in the headings will be bold, since they are given in the user’s search query.
The heading of our homepage can show the name of our website/business and other valid details like location and products.
Things we should keep in mind:
- Represent the page content exactly.
- avoid selection of titles that has no relationship with the content present
- originate unique headline label for each page
- Every pages of our site should have a sole headline label that helps the Google to check how the pages are different f
- avoid hazy headings like “untitled” or “new page 1”
- rom other sites.
- Headline should be in short and instructive for users. If it’s lengthy, only a part of the content will be shown in the search result page.
- Avoid unnecessary keywords in the headline
Meta tag representation
A Meta tag page description allows Google and other search engines to know more about the page. It should be in a sentence or two or a small paragraph. Then there is the webmaster tools provided by Google that willl assist us whether the description of Meta tags are short, lengthy or copied many times. Description Meta tag must be positioned in between the tag of your HTML document.
Advantages of description Meta tags
Google may utilize the description Meta tags as snippets for our pages. Attaching description Meta tags to each of our pages is a nice habit. If Google didn’t find a better choice of subject to use the snippet, webmaster central blog gives us a feedback on the betterment of snippets with perfect description Meta tags. Use sole descriptions on each page, which further helps in searchers to come up with many pages on our domain.
- Avoid applying general representations like “This is a webpage” or “pages regarding (business name)”
- Avoid the custom of using keywords to fulfill the descriptions and
- The habit of copying and pasting the whole content into the Meta tag
- Avoid using the same description meta tag over all our site’s pages
Easy to follow the URLs
Originate related categories and file names for the writings on our website. Thus help us to keep our site in a superior form and directs our writings into best crawling by search engines.
Users undergo a tough time in repeating the URL from mind or generating a link to it. There is a chance for users to think that the parts of the URLs are useless, particularly when it shows unavailable parameters.
- Avoid using long URLs with useless parameters and session Ids
- Avoid selecting common page names like “page1.html”
- Using redundant keywords like” baseball-cards-baseball-cards-baseballcards.html”
- Avoid having deep nesting of sub directories like “…/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/dir6/page.html”
Supply one version of a URL to attain a document
To obstruct users from joining to one variant of a URL and others joining to a distinct version, concentrating on utilizing and mentioning it to the URL and inner joining of our pages. If multiple users are entering the same content through different URLs then by setting up a 301 redirect from non-promoting URLs to the prevailing URL is the best resolution. Another method is by using canonical URL or by rel=“canonical” link in case if it’s not redirected.